Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Favorite Picture










"Have you figured it out yet?" If John asked me that question one more time I was going to threaten to post a picture of HIM when I did figure it out. That would be enough to scare the words out of him for a week or two. My fingers felt like they should be covered with bandages, my head throbbed, my eyes were red and felt like they were pulling out of my head, my back hurt from sitting in this chair hour after hour, day after day searching for the secret, my patience was thin, my frustration was paramount.

All of a sudden the door opened and a voice said, "What are you doing?" I turned around and there stood Josh. Josh is 17 and a friend of my grandson's. Josh came and stood behind me and looked over my shoulder. Josh brought the scent of a new day and new hope with him when he entered the room. I explained that I knew how to locate the picture, I knew how to edit the picture to fit the space, I knew how to send the picture all over the fricken place, but I couldn't figure out how to get the picture to stay in the allotted corner of my Journal. Josh sat down, started punching keys, and had it done in 30 minutes. Josh is a miracle worker. Josh is a step above all men that enter my home. Josh saved John from a frightening experience; seeing his face pasted all over the computer. Thank you Josh!

The picture above is my favorite picture of my mother and myself. My mother loved the sun, loved cutoffs, and loved her children. She was my best friend. I miss her, and I love looking at this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment