Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and Sweet Memories

The good news is my leg is officially healed. Yesterday I said goodbye to one of the nicest doctors I have met in my travels through the world of medicine. It has taken 5 months, almost exactly to the date of the injury, but I can now sit in the bathtub with both legs in the water, I can wear my jeans and favorite sweaters, and I can kick and throw my leg any ole where I want again. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

The bad news is the last entry I made caused some hurt feelings, angry words, and family stress. So, my dear friends I have decided to close my journal. Journaling has been one of the most rewarding adventures I have undertaken since I have become attached to this moving chair, but all things fun and delightful have an ending.

I have had so many rewarding moments reading your life stories. And the love and acceptance you often heaped on me and my words has bowled me over. I’m going to miss you so very much.

But the truth is my friends; my sense of humor and the words that travel in my head are my way of dealing with life’s hard knocks. Without laughter I would cease to exist. The offended person knows that that is my survival tactic, but hurt feelings over something I have written takes the joy from my laughter. I will continue to write, but I will write privately for my grandchildren ....... They think I’m half nuts anyway.

Bless all of you, you have so filled my life. It’s been grand hasn’t it?

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

Love, Pennie/Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment